- Warm oil and fry onions until softened & lightly browned.
- Add garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, chilli, salt and stir-fry for a minute or so.
- Add the spinach and cook until softened and all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cook until softened and blended in.
- Add in the egg yolks ensuring they are spaced out in the pan. Do not stir. Cover until yolks are cooked and firmed up.
- Sprinkle with garam masala & serve.
Friday, 10 May 2013
Egg Curry Deluxe
This is a rather special egg curry made only with egg yolks which gives the dish a wonderfully rich taste. Made and recipe contributed here by my niece DM.
6-8 egg yolks, intact
250 gms frozen spinach, finely chopped
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
2-3 tbsp any vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric
salt to taste
½ tsp garam masala